Sat '11

Project 365

So I decided to make another New Year’s resolution in addition to my other goals for 2011. I want to participate in Project 365, which is simple: take a different picture everyday.

I am little bit worried because one: my camera is not very good and two: what if I run out of interesting things to take a picture of?! I guess that I will just have to take my camera with my everywhere (or just use my iPhone camera) and snap a picture anytime I feel like it :smirk:

So here is day 1 of 365:
Cheese Fondue on 365 Project
This is a picture of the cheese fondue that we had at supper tonight. It was so super tasty. There is an almost identical recipe for it here. And YES, you need to add the kirche (cherry liqueur)!!! It totally makes the fondue!

We also had oil and chicken broth fondue. In previous years, it has always just been cheese and oil. But since my mom and I are on WW, we decided to take a healthier route to cook our meat and veggies. I was a little sceptical at first to use the broth instead of the oil (why change a good thing?), but my worries were so unnecessary. The chicken broth fondue gave the veggies and meat so much more flavour than the oil usually does. I was extremely satisfied with it. We will be doing it again next year!!

Filed under: Food, Project 365

6 Responses to “Project 365”

• La.
    January 1, 2011 @ 10:59 pm

I don’t think taking the pictures would be the problem, for me it would be loading them! It looks like you had a VERY productive 2010 in regards to weight loss! I’m new to your blog! Happy New Year!

• Rebecca
    January 2, 2011 @ 4:12 am

It does look amazing! Shame I am allergic to cheese πŸ™

• Catie
    January 2, 2011 @ 5:57 am

Mmm, fondue! I’ve only ever done chocolate fondue with fruit and marshmallows, but I’d LOVE to try cheese!

As for 365, it really doesn’t matter how good your camera is, as long as you’re creative, you can push it to the limit! πŸ˜€ I find that looking through different groups on flickr helps me when I get stuck on ideas. (You could also go and find your camera on flickr and find photo ideas from people with the same set up you’ve got.)

January 2, 2011 @ 9:56 am

Chicken broth fondue sounds really yummy! I have also thought about taking more pictures, but I don’t think I’ll remember to do it every day :upsidedown: Perhaps I should make a resolution to post one picture in my journal this year? I think I’ll manage that, heh xD

January 3, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

I prefer the broth over oil too, mainly because that’s how The Melting Pot does it. I got their cookbook a couple years ago, and it has so many good broth, cheese, dessert, etc. recipes to try. Definitely consider getting that book if fondue is gonna become a regular thing for you, hehe.

Thanks for the 365 invitation, but I prefer to do Project 365 on Flickr because that’s where I upload all my photos already. πŸ™‚

• Megan
    January 3, 2011 @ 5:38 pm

Oh it’s so awesome that you’re doing this! I did it in 2009 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovecrafted/sets/72157613537859346/), actually finished it! I’m thinking I will do it again this year. πŸ˜€