Sat '11

Subway Obsessed

I am a little obsessed with Subway at the moment. I think Peter and I have gone 4 times this week. It’s a lot, I know :oops: But it is just so tasty and it is definitely one of the healthiest fast food options out there! My favourite sub is a pizza sub, toasted with lots of veggies and of course sub-sauce! I am obsessed. I should really be ordering a salad, but I. just. cant. Ugh. Does anyone else enjoy Subway sandwiches??

We had our last Christmas last night at Peter’s parents house. The reason it happened so late was because we had family coming in from out of town and yesterday was the most convenient time for them to travel to the city. It was fun. We had some soup and then opened gifts. There were plenty of snacks to nibble on throughout the night as well. It felt really rushed though. Only because both Peter and I had to work early this morning and we didn’t start everything last night until 7pm. But that’s okay, it was fun anyway.

A terrible storm is hitting our poor city today. It’s extremely windy and snowy. It’s also very cold. Very like blizzard conditions. I really don’t like it. It’s not supposed to let up for a few days either. Boo. My poor flag pole is blowing like mad. I tried to take it down, just to be safe, but it is iced up. It won’t budge. I just hope that it doesn’t snap or anything like that. It is a very durable metal and quite thick, but you never know. The roads are in pretty horrible condition as well. I heard on the news that there were accidents all over the city all day today. I wish people would just stay home if they don’t have to go out!!!! :unsure:

Filed under: Food, Holidays, Weather

9 Responses to “Subway Obsessed”

January 8, 2011 @ 7:18 pm

I too love Subway. And do my husband and daughter. We don’t choose the low calorie option though, LOL. I hope the snow dies down up your way and that your flag pole makes it through the storm just fine.

• Christine
    January 8, 2011 @ 8:00 pm

I love Subway! I get the oven roasted chicken breast sub on wheat with lettuce, olives, green pepper, cucumber, and oil and vinegar. Try it! It’s delicious. =]

The snow has been hitting us in CT as well. It’s no fun, but I’m used to it by now. Winter just stinks, and there were a ton of accidents here too. People need to be more careful, and stay home — too true!

• Danielle
    January 9, 2011 @ 8:49 am

Subway is one of my favorite places to eat. Its weight friendly for me. I like that they offer apples and yogurt.

I hope your the winter storm isn’t making too much problems. My town is going to get hit with yet another major snow storm Tuesday I believe. We had one 2 weeks ago, 32 inches of snow!

Congrats on your weight loss!!

• Holly
    January 9, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

Mmmm, Subway! Great. I am now hungry, lol! I think it must be time for lunch!

• steven
    January 9, 2011 @ 10:19 pm

Subway is SO good and a great healthy choice!
    The weather here in NY is crazy. It’s been snowing ALL day and it’s not letting up until around 5 A.M.
    I’m glad you’re smart and stayed in to be safe, too many people go out and get in accidents. Not good! :(

• Rebecca
    January 10, 2011 @ 3:57 am

i agree some of the sandwiches and rolls are just amazing!!!!

• Rick
    January 10, 2011 @ 1:51 pm

I love subway! I usually get their sweet onion chicken terriyaki sub. I haven’t been there in awhile though. I have a gift card for there. I should go there soon. Congrats on the weight loss, almost everyone who is trying to lose weight is using that. I would but I don’t feel like paying $50usd to sign up and then $18usd a month after that. I live in NY and the weather here hasn’t been all that great. I hate snow!

• Ashley
    January 10, 2011 @ 2:53 pm

I LOVE me some Subway, it’s definitely one of my favorite fast food places to eat at. I think the food tastes the best actually, it tastes a lot more fresh and it’s definitely more fulfilling than other places in my opinion. My absolute favorite is the Italian BMT with ranch dressing on it, definitely not the healthiest pick, but it’s sooo good.

We’re having some pretty bad weather conditions here in Arkansas right now as well. My sister measured and there is 8 inches of snow on the ground and I think it keeps snowing periodically. Schools are closed for tomorrow as well as today. It’s crazy for us in Arkansas because it’s usually not this bad nor is there ever this much snow, haha!

• Jason
    January 11, 2011 @ 7:52 am

Subway = FANTASTIC. Got a gift card for Christmas and it was used within a week. I just love the grinders.

I’m glad I found your blog via Ricks, I’ve been thinking of joining Weight Watchers and wasn’t sure about it. Yes, I see the commercials but how many of the stories are real? I guess I rest a little easier now that I know they true because you’re living proof.

The weather in CT has been crazy. We are getting ready for another 10-18 inches tonight and all day Wednesday. Going to stink.

Lovely blog. I will have to play catch up. Hope to hear from you soon!