Mon '11

New Glasses

I bought 2 new pairs of glasses today. I actually bought them two weeks ago, but they only just came in today. I even bought my first pair of prescription sunglasses. Now I can drive in the summer and be able to properly see what I am doing while driving haha 😉 My prescription is only a tiny bit stronger but I can really tell. It kind of sucks. I was getting a little bit of a nauseated stomach when I was wearing them today. I don’t think that is normal, is it? Maybe I just have to get used to the new prescription. I hope it doesn’t last long because it’s a horrible feeling. If it continues, I will go back to the eye doctor. Anyway, my new glasses are purple (I would have preferred red…) and they have little flowers on them. Reason being, I had to buy in the kids section because my eyes are so close together. But it’s kind of a good thing because kids glasses are usually cheaper! Whoot. So here is a picture of both pairs of glasses:

New Glasses

As some of you may know, I am a server at a breakfast restaurant. And I had a table today whom I recognized, but I just couldn’t put my finger on where I knew the guy from. Finally, when I was taking his order, I realized who he was. He plays the Ghost of Christmas Future in Calgary’s annual production of A Christmas Carol. I have gone to see the show for the past 5 years and he has always had the same part. Now most of his part is played in “death’s cloak” and his face is never visible. Only at the end of the show do we see him. Anyway, I told him that I recognized him and that I always enjoy the show. He was really taken aback…in a good way. He was quite surprised that I recognized him and that I said something. I overheard him talking to his friend that he was amazed and pleased that I recognized him as he only shows his face very briefly. But me, being a theatre nerd, I recognize so many local actors around the city when they are in different plays and such. So I felt so good to have made this guy’s day! 🙂 To me, I felt like I was serving a local celebrity LOL. It was probably more exciting for me than it was for him. Haha.

So as I said in my previous post, I really want to take a stab at meal planning. So here is my meal plan for the next week:
Tuesday: “Cheat night” – so probably Pizza or McDonalds *hides*
Wednesday: Girls night out at Phoenix Grill
Thursday: Slow-cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Coleslaw
Friday: I work at night so salad with chicken will be packed in my lunch. Peter is on his own.
Saturday: Hot dogs and Parsnip Chips
Sunday: Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms and Ichiban Salad
Monday: Chicken (for me) and Beef (for Peter) Fajitas
Yay! I sure hope I stick to this menu. I am going shopping Wednesday morning to get all the ingredients!!

Filed under: Food, Meal Planning, Personal, Theatre, Work

6 Responses to “New Glasses”

February 1, 2011 @ 4:51 am

Oh, I was dizzy for 3 or 4 days when I got my new glasses, it was awful 😮 But mine were a lot stronger, so it’s normal. I hope it gets better soon! I bet that’s the first time someone he didn’t know recognized him. It’s fun when you make people happy like that 😀 Your menu sounds yummy!

• lindsie
    February 1, 2011 @ 6:03 pm

The glasses are very cute, especially the flower one.

It’s pretty neat running into someone “famous” whether it be a news anchor, singer, etc. I had a few moments like that myself 🙂

Your meal planning ideas sounds good!

Couldn’t help but notice the “goonies” below. I love that freaking movie!!!!

• Jason
    February 2, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

Glasses look are awesome. I like flower ones! LOL

Good luck on the meal planning. I should give that a try! I really need to. Going out to dinner all the time is well bad. It would probably be a lot cheaper if I made a lot of things at home. I mean I do cook but I go out maybe three times a week. *there goes the money* Ekk.

Thanks for sharing the recipes.

• Kim
    February 4, 2011 @ 5:38 am

“Isn’t it crazy how one day you can have nothing to blog about and then the next you have too many to even write them all down?!! 😐 It’s not cool.” – I know the feeling!

I like you’re purple flowery glasses! I also tend to have purple frames myself, and usually have to get them from the kids section.

That’s cool that you met someone from a play you like and have watched a lot and at work too! lol

• Kayt
    February 4, 2011 @ 12:24 pm

I coulddnt believe it either! it all just fell into place, it was perfect! lol . Thank you 😀

I think thats normal for new glasses.. I dont need glasses but i got some anyway with a tiny prescription and thats how i felt. I think i need them though cause I always get headaches.. and with them on i feel fine evern though they are not strong at all. Hopefully that feeling goes away! if not then it might be TOO strong for u even though it was only a minor change.
    thats so cool! even though hes not famous famous, its still a cool experience, for both of u. He now got a taste of it and what its like to be recognized and u, the feeling of meeting a celeb 😀 hehe

February 5, 2011 @ 9:32 pm

I love the glasses! That is awesome that you meet a semi-celebrity and that you made his day by recognizing him.

I hate having a new prescription for the first 1 to 2 weeks. After that, I usually get use to it. I hope you get use to it soon.

The slow cooked pulled pork sandwiches sound delicious!