Jul 10

Sun '11

Happy Birthday To Me!

Birthday SuitIt is my 24th birthday today. I can’t believe it’s the same amount of time since I have been out of high school to the time until I’m 30. That’s crazy. I love the way my life has turned out so far. I am happily married, I have finished school for Web Design and I have a job that I love (for the moment). Who knows, there may be some kids thrown in the mix soon enough. It’s getting to be that time in my life! LOL.

Anyway, I had a great day today. I usually book my birthday off from work and then normally we head down to the Calgary Stampede grounds. But since it’s Sunday, we knew the grounds were going to be crazy busy so we made other plans. Instead of missing out on the great tips for a Sunday morning at the breakfast restaurant I work at, I decided to work today. It was stupidly busy and so the day went by super fast. My wonderful co-workers bought me a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. It was so delicious. I was definitely spoiled.

DQ Ice Cream Cake After work I was able to slip in a quick 7.54KM run and then I had to quickly shower for dinner. We went to Olive Garden!! It is one of my favourite restaurants. There is only one in the city and so it is always super busy. There is always a waiting list. We went for 4:20 and we still had to wait 25 minutes for a table. Let me tell you, it was well worth the wait. I got my fill of bread sticks, salad and tiramisu. :yum: So tasty. And of course, I was wearing my birthday hat and earrings and so everyone kept wishing me happy birthday. What can I say, I like attention!! One of the managers even gave me a $20 gift card for a future visit!! Can you believe that?! Just giving away gift cards like that for a birthday. I felt so special. I will be definitely be giving OG my business again soon. πŸ˜€

Filed under: Personal

8 Responses to “Happy Birthday To Me!”

July 10, 2011 @ 9:25 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats
    July 10, 2011 @ 10:22 pm

Happy Birthday!
    That was so nice of the manager to give you a gift! That definitely doesn’t happen to everyone so yes, you must be very special! ~.^
    All I can say is I am certainly impressed by your successful life! I feel reaallyy behind now.

July 10, 2011 @ 11:57 pm

I’m glad you had a great day! I have to say that outfit looks smashing on you πŸ˜€ *hug*

• Hev
    July 11, 2011 @ 8:09 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it was filled with fun & love.

July 11, 2011 @ 12:42 pm

Happy Birthday! Your cake is so cute! And you look cute too!

Did you count points while at Olive Garden? It depresses me because everything is so high in points. Breadsticks 3 points each, salad is 9, my favorite drink is 7, the pizza with healthy toppings is 23, etc. … meh, LOL!

• Holly —
    July 12, 2011 @ 9:13 am

:love: You had the dressing on the side so it wasn’t as many points!!!!
    You will have to change your description of the webmisstress to 24 now from 23.

July 12, 2011 @ 10:38 am

happy birthday πŸ˜€ glad you’re enjoying life! I was just thinking the other day how much better life is now that I’m an adult πŸ˜› The funny part is I never wanted to grow up when I was a kid, but I remember being pretty miserable. It’s hard not knowing how to handle yourself around other kids and having no control over your day-to-day life.

only eaten at the Olive Garden once I think, but I enjoyed it πŸ™‚ pretty awesome they gave you a gift card!

July 13, 2011 @ 8:50 am

Happy birthday, dear! I hope you had a beautiful day filled with all the love light and laughter that the universe has to offer. xox. Wishing you many more years of happiness!

You’re much braver than me to be thinking of children yet, hehe. It’s cool that the manager gave you a giftcard because it was your birthday. πŸ˜€ I really like eating at OG, too!