Oct 20

Thu '11

Organizing

I spent the better part of today organizing and deleting half of the files on my computer. I am going through every single folder that I have and deleting anything I don’t think I will need. There is no reason to hang on to unimportant images and files for no reason. Some files date back as far as November 2001. This picture is one of the oldest files I found:

Mama duck blow-drying ducklings

Anyway, as I have gone from computer to computer over the years, I have accumulated more and more junk. Unnecessary to keep it! HMPH. I don’t like to be a pack rat and so an overhaul was required. I’ve found some great recipes that have been scattered around my computer. So now I have many ideas for meal plans. I have also freed up several gigs of storage on my HD. YAY.

As per my earlier post about the car I may be purchasing, well it’s a green light!! I put down my $5000 down payment and I pick the car up on Saturday. I am so excited. AND NERVOUS. I did a final cleaning/vacuuming and wash of my mustang today. I am going to park it on our parking pad for the winter and perhaps try to sell it next summer. I don’t quite know if I really want to part with it though. I will see how much I like my new car before I even think of selling my first baby!

Filed under: Car, Computer
Tags: , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “Organizing”

October 22, 2011 @ 12:11 am

Ahaha, I should really start working on the same project of deleting old things on my computer. I like the picture you posted of the puffy little ducks though, very cute.

P.S., I really like your Harry Potter messenger bar.

October 22, 2011 @ 7:06 pm

yay, you did get it 😀

that is a very random, silly picture 😛

I should do a cleaning out of my hard drive too, but I think it’s beyond that point.

• Holly
    October 25, 2011 @ 6:43 pm

LMAO I love that picture! Poor ducklings, they do not look pleased. 😛

• Hannah
    October 27, 2011 @ 1:46 pm

Ahw, that picture XD So cute!

Congrats on the car! It looks awesome ^^

I should really clean out my computer too, but somehow I never seem to get around to it…

October 28, 2011 @ 10:32 pm

Love that picture! Congrats on the new car!

October 30, 2011 @ 12:32 am

Yay that’s so exciting about the car! I’m so excited for you!

I love organizing files on my computer. It is always so refreshing to go through everything and purge what I don’t need and find things that I had forgotten about. That picture is cute!

• April
    November 6, 2011 @ 1:41 am

How exciting for you about the car! And I completely agree with getting rid of unwanted crap…all it does is clog up your computer space!