Dec 13

Tue '11

My Favourite Things

“Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens … These are a few of my favourite things.” Haha, no, seriously, I was reading a post on Kristie’s site and she posted a list of some of her favourite things in life. Some of these things we can buy and some just exist all around us. I thought I would post some things that are my favourite.

• Waking up before my alarm clock and realizing I still have time to sleep.
  • Eating peanut butter straight from the jar.
  • Listening to songs that I used to love and still know most of the words.
  • Being outside with the sun rays shining down on me.
  • Being able to cross stitch while watching movies in my cozy king size bed.
  • When a kitty rubs up against me and meows because it wants tickles.
  • When said kitty, starts to purr out of contentment and happiness.
  • Sitting over the heat vent and creating a “tent” with my shirt.
  • When our cars start so nicely in the dead of winter.
  • Watching Christmas movies at Christmas time and Halloween movies at Halloween time.
  • When an enjoyable old memory pops into my head and I get to remember it all over again.
  • Going to bed at the same time as my husband.
  • Taking my shoes and socks off after a really long day.
  • Stretching after being in the car for a long road trip.
  • Smelling like campfire when I put on a jacket that I wore for a previous camping trip.
  • Popping bubble wrap.
  • Pressing the buttons in an elevator (It doesn’t matter how old I am, I always want to be the one the press them! :geek:)

I am sure there are more things I could add to this list, but I’ll save them and use it as an excuse to do a “My favourite things, Part 2” :D

If you decide to write a post with your favourite things, please leave a link so I can take a look :)

Filed under: Personal, Random
Tags: , , , ,

9 Responses to “My Favourite Things”

• Holly
    December 13, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

I LOVE waking up before my alarm! It is awesome! :D
    Reading this post has also really made me want to eat peanut butter. :P

• Charity
    December 14, 2011 @ 6:12 am

I adore eating peanut butter straight out of the jar! :) Used to drive my ex-roommate crazy! LOL

I also love to take my shoes off after a long day – I can’t stand shoes. :P

• Rachel
    December 14, 2011 @ 9:12 pm

I think it’s really nice how many simple pleasures you listed here that can’t be bought. It’s honestly really refreshing, especially around Christmastime when everything is SO commercial. I might make a list of my own, soon, but here are a few things that popped into my head just now:

* Listening to happy songs when I’m in a good mood that make me want to twirl and skip down the street, even when there are people around me (totally did that today).

* That proud feeling when I get a lot done at work.

* Eating lunch with friends. :)

• Jackie
    December 15, 2011 @ 1:27 pm

I love these kinds of posts. It reminds me to stop and remember all of the thanks I’m thankful for and that I love doing.

Thanks for the reminder!
    Jackie

December 18, 2011 @ 3:41 am

This made me smile :D

December 18, 2011 @ 8:35 am

“Waking up before my alarm clock and realizing I still have time to sleep.” I hate that because I can never get back to sleep. everything else sounds lovely :)

December 19, 2011 @ 12:04 am

Oh my goodness this post makes me smile so much! :heart:

• Hannah
    December 22, 2011 @ 1:49 am

I always enjoy reading these kinds of posts! :upsidedown: They always make me smile.

I’m making a list of 100 things that make me happy for my day zero project, but it isn’t quite done yet :yum: I’ll let you know when it is ^^!

December 22, 2011 @ 6:44 am

Haha, I can definitely relate to the car starting in the winter! Nothing makes me more relieved/thankful/amazed than when a car/big block of ice comes to life against all odds XD

And making kittens purr! :heart: It’s also pretty amazing when your dog sits next to you and lean its head against your shoulder ^^