Dec 24

Sat '11

Merry Christmas

It is Christmas Eve and I am about to go to bed because I know that Santa won’t come until I am “tucked up in my bedroom fast asleep” :)

I can’t believe that Christmas has come so fast this year. It will be over in the blink of an eye and we’ll have to wait until next year. Ah well, I’ll enjoy it while I can. Peter and I went over to my grandmother’s house tonight for Christmas Eve. We gave/received our gifts to/from my parent’s, brother and grandma. I have to say that we definitely made out like bandits! So spoiled. Here are all the goodies I got from my side of the family:

Christmas 2011 Loot Part 1

I am very happy to have a new camera. Now my photos won’t be blurry and really crappy quality. I promised myself that I wouldn’t do another 365 Project next year, but with my new camera, I may have to participate after all! LOL :D It’s the perfect reason to do a 365. I just got really sick of this year’s 365 and I am SO glad that it is almost over. Ugh, I found it more of a chore rather than fun. Maybe I will have a special theme to my pictures each month, to make it more interesting. Anyway, when the year is up, I will do a recap of all my photos from this year.

I have been busy getting my code on in the last few days and I am working on a new layout. My aim is for it to be clean and simple and less cluttered than my usual. I am trying some new html/css techniques and am trying to break out of my bubble. It is a lot of trial and error and then google searching to find the answer! So far, so good and I may be launching it in the next week or two. Yippee.

Well, because of my current coding obsession, I have been neglecting my poor cross stitch, which is nearly finished! I have 3/4 of the final page to do and then I AM DONE! Whoo. I started this one in March and I am so ready to be finished and working on another project.

On that note, I want to wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS :heart:

Filed under: Holidays, Website
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Merry Christmas”

December 25, 2011 @ 5:22 am

Merry Christmas! :D

• Michelle
    December 25, 2011 @ 2:41 pm

I get into coding phases, too and it is normally really hard to get me out of it!
    This 365 Project sounds so awesome :D
    Hope you had a great Christmas :)

December 26, 2011 @ 5:32 am

Merry Christmas! I think it would be super fun to do another 365 especially with a new camera! Maybe you could make it themed to be challenging?

• Rachel
    December 26, 2011 @ 1:45 pm

So many gifts! I’m especially jealous of your new camera. I don’t know how good it is or anything, but mine is a year old and compact cameras are improving all the time, so chances are good that it’s better than mine. :P

I tried a 365 Project a couple years ago. The hardest part for me was actually uploading the pictures each day. I got through a couple weeks before giving up entirely. xD Also, the photos were all crap because I don’t know anything about how to take cool, artsy pictures. I plan to learn, but I’m not ready for a 365 Project yet!

I had been meaning to knit a scarf/wrap this holiday, but I’ve gotten caught up in a bit of a coding/website obsession as well. xD I hope your new layout turns out well! Can’t wait to see. :)

December 26, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

yay, presies! merry christmas :) I wish work didn’t destroy my love of web design. Bryan needs a website for his music and I just really don’t want to do it :(

• Georgina
    December 26, 2011 @ 3:27 pm

Merry Christmas to you too Carolynne! (By the way, I can’t explain how liberating it is to rid of fanlistings. :P)

I got a new camera recently – a DSLR, just what I wanted, and though I’ve been photoblogging every day with an ordinary camera, having a new one really gave me a push and the motivation to do it. 365 projects can be a pain in the ass. I remember doing a designing one and getting soooo sick of it. But photography is something I love and if you’ve got some new piece of equipment – why not! :D

I recently learned a lot of new techniques at my web designing job and I’ve been using them on my layouts as well. I don’t plan on making a new theme but I’ve always been one for simplicity – I’ve been working on some premade layouts instead. Best of luck and I hope to see the new theme some time in the new year! <3