Dec 26

Mon '11

New Theme: Simply Done

Well, I have finished my new theme. I hope that it looks a bit simpler than my previous themes. I was seriously getting tired of everything looking so crowded. I have moved some of the “extras” to the footer and spread things out a bit. I hope there are no errors. I have double and triple checked things in 5 different browsers, but I am sure there are bound to be some things that I have missed. Please let me know what you think of the new theme and if you see any errors! Thanks.

The 2nd part of my Christmas was great, just like part 1. I was spoiled, again. Everyone is too generous. You can see the loot from part 2 here. The only thing that I didn’t get from Peter, which I absolutely begged for, is a cat. It’s what I want more than anything right now. But, Peter just doesn’t like pets. He said we can get a pet as long as it stays in a tank. Meaning a fish or lizard or something. But I don’t want a fish or a lizard, I want a kitty!!!! Honestly, I will be the one taking care of it. He won’t have to do anything at all. I don’t know what the big deal is. He thinks he is allergic to cats, but until he goes to the doctor and proves it, I won’t stop asking for one. He has never had a pet before, so how does he know for sure! Ah well, I will continue to beg Peter and hopefully he will give in one day.

Part 3 of our Christmas (with the in-laws) is coming up on Saturday night and so I will post an update on the final loot then. I feel so greedy because so many people don’t even get to celebrate Christmas and I get 3 Christmases :( I donated to the food bank and volunteered at Theatre Calgary this season, but it’s just not enough. I wish that everyone was as lucky as me. I will just have to thank my lucky stars everyday.

Anyway, how was everyone’s Christmas? What did everyone get??!!

Filed under: Holidays, Web Design, Website
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “New Theme: Simply Done”

December 26, 2011 @ 9:36 pm

Your new theme is adorable! I love it! It does look simple and clean and I love the colours. Great job with it!

I’m glad you had a great Christmas! I’m going to post all my loot tomorrow when I get a chance.

• Jason Loucks
    December 26, 2011 @ 9:49 pm

Like I mentioned on Twitter, I love it. It’s clean and refreshing. The colors you chose are very good. You can see that you are learning as you go and it’s all going smoothly. I love the font you have chosen has well.

I had a great Christmas as well. I posted your typical bulleted list of what I got, but think I want to add a photo or two. Jealous of the Harry Potter set. I’m so tempted to buy but I just picked up the last HP on DVD to complete my DVD collection. If the re-release HP on blu-day in a year or two maybe I’ll pick it up until then DVD will do.

• Michelle
    December 28, 2011 @ 2:28 am

I love your new theme – it is so pretty!

glad you had a great Christmas…. hope you get a cat soon though…. maybe Peter will have a change of heart over time :)

hope you have a great new year and enjoy the last eek of 2011 :)

• Kim
    December 28, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

Every time I find the time to visit you have a new theme it seems! I love this one, colour scheme especially. I’ve scrapped about 5 new themes recently, I just can’t seem to find something I like.

Merry Belated Christmas :)

• Nancy
    December 28, 2011 @ 9:43 pm

Congratulations on finishing off your theme! It looks awesome if you ask me :D! It’s simple and it has style! :D! So far, I don’t see any errors around your layout.

It seems like you enjoyed your Christmas too well :D! Maybe next time, you’ll get that cat you want :D! Cats aren’t evil! They’re adorable, fluffy, and cute :)!

Don’t feel greedy for having 3 Christmas celebrations! You donated and volunteered this season! It’s a reward!

I don’t really celebrate Christmas because the week after is New Years- the big one. XD! I got a sweater though :D!

It is definitely exciting to perform in a Disneyland parade! It was one of my main reasons for joining in the band XD!

Take care and happy holidays!

December 29, 2011 @ 12:31 pm

Your new theme is really cute! My only complaint is that your line-length for the blog is really long now, so it’s kinda hard to read. But I love this style, with the textures and stuff. :) Glad to see you using web fonts too!

December 29, 2011 @ 8:21 pm

I agree on the line-length. I have made it a little smaller. Thanks for saying something!! :razz:

December 30, 2011 @ 2:14 pm

Love your new layout! Sounds like you had a great Christmas.

December 30, 2011 @ 7:54 pm

looks good!
    I really want a doggy, but Bryan and I both agreed to wait until we have a kid old enough to ask for one. Mostly I’d feel bad about leaving it home alone all day. Cats are less maintenance than dogs though.

January 1, 2012 @ 11:28 am

It looks great! I love the fonts you’ve used, and the colors are prettypretty :D