Sun '12

Goals for 2012

Well, it’s a new year and it’s that time again to make some new resolutions. Most of them are similar to last year, just because I want to try and make some of these things habits. I am half-way there. In 2001, I made quite a list of goals to aim for. You can view them all in detail here. I like to think that I kind of succeeded in all of them to one extent or another.

• Run a half marathon – Complete!!
  • Try a new recipe once a week – I kept up with this for maybe 30 out of 52 weeks
  • Floss every day – Haha, I did it for all of January and February, but as soon as I went for my bi-yearly dentist appointment in March, I stopped. Bad Carolynne. 😳
  • Try eggplant – Ate it, didn’t like it, won’t eat it again :sick:
  • Blog more – I may not have blogged once per calendar week per say, but I posted 64 times in 2011 so that equals to 1.23 posts per week!
  • Get to my goal weight and lifetime membership with Weight Watchers – YES! I successfully reached my goal weight and earned lifetime status in the winter of 2011!

Now that the 2011 goals are over with, here are my goals for 2012:

• Get back to my goal weight with Weight Watchers – I finally reached goal last year, but since then, I have seen my good healthy habits taking a turn away from where they are supposed to be. Therefore, yes, I have gained a little weight. It is time to buckle down again and get back to the weight I worked so hard to achieve.
  • Make a meal plan at the beginning of each week – By making a meal plan for the week, I hope to save money while grocery shopping and to stay on track with WW by only buying the food that I need.
  • Keep the house clean – Peter and I are not messy people, but sometimes we do let things get a little cluttered around the house. We clean it up so beautifully, which takes forever, but eventually stuff just starts to pile up again. I want to clean a little each day and hopefully the mess will never get too big.
  • Blog more – I aim to blog at least once a week for sure, but like 2011, I am aiming for 2-3 times a week.
  • Make at least one new recipe a week – So many bookmarks on Pinterest and in my RSS Reader that I need to try!

Well, Happy New Year once more and best wishes for 2012.

Filed under: Personal, Random
Tags: , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “Goals for 2012”

January 1, 2012 @ 10:26 pm

Super job with your resolutions last year especially your lifetime membership! That’s awesome!

Great goals! I know that you will do well again this year!

• Jason Loucks
    January 2, 2012 @ 6:03 am

Some great goals for this year. I think those are doable and congrats on the completion of your 365 project.

I have a tip about cleaning. Gus and I use this and I find so much easier. Take your apartment/home and for each day of the designate a part of the home. For example, on Mondays we clean the living room. We have a check list which is completed weekly and then one that is done at the month.

We do this so that we are not wasting one full day (normally one of our days off) cleaning the entire office. By separating rooms into days of the weeks it helps. We have two bathrooms so we do combine those to on one day, etc. Just sit down write your rooms out and decided on days and what needs to be done. However, Saturdays are designated for NO CLEANING. Just like exercise there should a rest day of no cleaning. Haha.

January 2, 2012 @ 6:22 am

Hey thanks Jason! Those are some good pointers to spread the cleaning out. Exactly what I am looking for and want to accomplish. Thanks.

January 2, 2012 @ 9:16 am

Happy 2012! I hope it’ll be a great year for you 😀 Your resolutions sound both realistic and a bit challenging, which is what at least I need to keep to them ^^

January 2, 2012 @ 1:21 pm

Congrats on completing the goals that you did! That is no easy task. I love pinterest and started following you! LOL I hope you have an awesome New Year!

January 5, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

Goog job completing most of your goals 😀 your new goals sound good, the cleaning part is something I really should try myself… But I never give new years resolutions since I always forget about them after a while = total fail 😛

• Jamie
    January 14, 2012 @ 7:54 pm

Your goals are definitely doable. I have some similar goals (post is set to go live the 17th). Cleaning regularly and getting to my goal weight! We can do it!