Fri '12

Vacation Count Down

I am officially on a count down to Peter and my vacation to Mexico in February. We leave on February 5. I know it’s early, but since it’s less than a month before we leave, I am getting so excited. It will be the first “real” vacation that we have had together. Sure, we have gone camping and taken road trips to different places, but Peter and I have never traveled on a plane together. In fact, the last time Peter was on a commercial jet was when he was 2. He doesn’t even remember it. He has been on smaller Cessnas and gliders when we were in Air Cadets, but nothing bigger. I am a terrible flyer as I get nervous and scared of air sickness. So I have to admit that I am a little apprehensive at how Peter will do while flying. He insists he will be fine, but I’m scared he’ll get sick or something. :blank: Ugh, I don’t even know why it crosses my mind, but I blame it on my emetophobia. I just have to get through two 4 hour flights there and back and it will be a blissful and wonderful vacation.

The reason we are going to Mexico is because Peter’s best man from our wedding is getting married to his long time girlfriend. It will be a beautiful wedding on the beach. We will be staying at the Riu Palace in Cabo San Lucas. It is a 5-star all inclusive resort. (My first all inclusive!!) The resort has a beautiful view of the ocean and all the guacamole I can eat. What more can I ask for?! I don’t plan on doing any of the extra activities. I don’t want to go scuba diving, or snorkeling or para-sailing or anything like that. The only extra thing I may want to do is go into the local town for a little shopping, but only as long as we go as a group. Honestly, all I want to do when we are there is sit on the beach in my swimsuit with a drink in my hand and my cross stitch in the other. I’ll put a little music in my ears and I’ll be all set. It sounds so relaxing. I just can’t wait. The only obligation I have is to attend the wedding and any wedding related things we have to do. It will be bliss.

I started pre-tanning a couple weeks ago and I will continue to go up until we leave. I burn so easily and with the hot sun in Mexico, I can’t be too careful. The last time I was in Mexico was in 2007, while on a cruise, and within the first half an hour out in the sun, I was burned to a crisp. (Side note: I was a dumb-ass and forgot to put on sunscreen :( Duh.) It some-what ruined the trip for me. I am NOT letting that happen again. With my base “tan” and my SPF 110 sunscreen, hopefully I won’t burn. Who knows, maybe I might actually tan!! :o That would be something. Ha.

So anyway, the count down has officially begun!! Have any of you been to an all inclusive resort before? Do you have any tips for me?! :D

Filed under: Holidays, Outside, Travel
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Vacation Count Down”

January 6, 2012 @ 7:32 pm

I hope these days go by fast for you so you can start relaxing and enjoying the wedding in Mexico. Thanks for the encouragement on my blog post! Yeah, Firefly stars Nathan Fillion. It only had 14 episodes and than years later a movie called Serenity.

• Kylie
    January 6, 2012 @ 7:45 pm

Eat EVERYTHING and enjoy the free drinks :) Basically, at an all-inclusive, just have a good time! All the activities are extra though, so before you assume something is included with your resort fees, double-check with the person operating what you want to use ;) They won’t *tell* you it’s extra! Even things like the beach toys may have a fee. Just my $0.02!

January 6, 2012 @ 8:15 pm

Really? That’s lame. Do we have some sort of “resort credit card” that we swipe everywhere and then we get a bill at the end of the week? Like on a cruise ship…

January 6, 2012 @ 9:23 pm

Wow that is so exciting! I hope that the time passes fast for you and you have a wonderful time at the wedding!

January 7, 2012 @ 3:11 am

That sounds fantastic! I’ve never been to an all-inclusive either, but I really want to try it some day. I remember the first time I went on a plane (I was 16 and traveled alone), I was scared and excited at the same time. But when we took off, I couldn’t stop grinning! I felt silly, but it was so fun! Hah :D

• Georgina
    January 7, 2012 @ 6:10 am

I wish I had some tips for you but my only tip is to have fun! Hahaha. I have always wanted to go to such a place but the extras are probably not my cup of tea either. For me it’s all about getting in touch with nature. Even though I am not fond of the beach (I burn too! I don’t tan! But that isn’t really a problem because I don’t like being tanned :P), I would love to just walk around and explore and take photos.

Congratulations to Peter’s best man, I hope the wedding is lovely! The 5th isn’t too far away and I’m sure you guys will be alright on the plane. Usually it’s just the takeoff and landing that’s freaky. It’s not too bad up in the air, but just don’t give a single thought to puking and take deep breaths. :)

January 9, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

I hope the TSA doesn’t try to peek up your buttholes while you guys are travelling. Don’t drink the water in Mexico. lmao, aren’t I a bucket of optimism? All the kidding aside, I hope you both have a lovely vacation, you deserve it! Post pics when you get home.

• Simply Precious
    January 10, 2012 @ 4:54 pm

I’ve never been to an all-inclusive resort before, but it sounds SO fun! I hope you’ll have a GREAT vacation (and that the wedding goes well)!!

• Hannah
    January 12, 2012 @ 5:06 am

I’ve been to an all-inclusive resort in Egypt, and the only thing I’d warn anyone for is food standing out too long :P Could be just an Egypt thing, though, but I was violently ill for a day or two D= Other than that, just enjoy yourself :D Also, ALWAYS try fresh orange juice if you’re in a warmer climate, it’s just much more sweet and incredibly delicious ^^ Hope you guys have a wonderful time!

• Lianna
    January 16, 2012 @ 8:56 pm

I’ve never been to an all-inclusive resort before, but I hope you enjoy your vacation and the wedding! :)