Sun '12

Kitty Sitting

I am the luckiest girl in the world. At least, this week I am. I get to kitty sit for my friend who is currently in Orlando. She asked me back in August if I would take care of her cat when she was away. She didn’t have anyone else to watch over the cat. Even before I knew that, I said yes right away. I would never give up this chance to take care of a little bundle of fur.

Some of you may know this already, but the thing I want most in the world right now is a kitty. I don’t care if it’s a kitten or an older cat, it just has to be a feline. Heck, I’d go for a tiger if it was plausible. I LOVE cats and I miss my two kitties that I had growing up. They are currently 14 & 15 and are living with my brother at his house. I get to see them occasionally, but they are getting quite old :( I really want a furry fluff ball all of my own.

I bet you are wondering, well, why don’t I just go and get a cat then?! One word: Peter. My husband. He hates pets. I don’t know how that is possible, but it is. He has no desire to have any kind of animal in the house. He just won’t let me get a cat. Sure, I could go and get a cat and bring it home against his wishes, but that would lead to a lot of fighting and he would probably make me get rid of it anyway. I sort of knew about his aversion to animals when I married him, but I sure didn’t know the extent of it. He usually gives in and lets me get whatever I want, but this is the only thing he has stood his ground firmly on. It’s weird. I thought for sure that I would get him to budge. Nope. No budging.

So I am floating on cloud 9 this week as I spend as much time as I can with this lovely kitty. I LOVE HIM already. It’s going to be hard for me when he goes back to his house. I have grown so attached already. And I like to think he likes me too. He follows me around and meows if I don’t pay attention to him. His name is Monaco and here are some glamour shots:

kitty sitting kitty sitting kitty sitting

I was hoping that having this kitty here for the week, Peter would see how much it means to me to have a cat. I don’t seem him budging any time soon. I don’t think he has as much as touched the kitty. He is not interested at all. It’s sad really. The first thing he said when the kitty arrived was, “That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.” :unsure: NO WAY. He is the cutest thing in the entire world!!

Oh well, I will never give up asking Peter to get a furbaby and I am going to enjoy these next 5 days as best as I can.

Filed under: Love, Personal
Tags: , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Kitty Sitting”

• Charity
    January 22, 2012 @ 7:08 pm

He is definitely *not* an ugly kitty! He is beautiful! :)

I hope for your sake your husband will give in and allow you to have a cat after seeing how much it means to you!

• Kylie
    January 22, 2012 @ 7:25 pm

I LOVE THAT COMFORTER!

And yes, that’s an adorable cat! Good luck trying to get Peter to budge. I know I’d be lost without my two (and if I still lived in Calgary, I would totally have you as a catsitter!)

January 23, 2012 @ 3:00 am

Aww, how adorable! I’m glad that you are able to look after your friend’s cat for her! You’re doing her such a great favor plus you get to have fun looking after such a sweet kitty! :) Have fun! I also think he is a beautiful cat!

• Jackie Hall
    January 23, 2012 @ 10:54 am

Aww That IS an adorable cat. I’m not a huge cat person but, I think I would fall in love with a kitty like the one you described. How could you not.

Good luck with breaking down the no pet barrier!

jackie

January 23, 2012 @ 11:04 pm

Okay so maybe in my book he isn’t the most handsome kitty in the world, but it still bothers me when people don’t like pets. How can you really dislike animals so much? How does hubbers feel about having him just visiting for a week? Is he unhappy about it? *shakes head* Silly Peter.

• Meg
    January 24, 2012 @ 9:12 pm

Aww, he is so adorable! I’m glad you do get the opportunity to spend time with such a cuddly kitty!

• Jackie Hall
    January 25, 2012 @ 9:05 am

OK I know I’ve posted on this subject once already but, I had to come back today just to look at that precious cat. (and I call myself a dog person. haha)

On the upside at least he allows for babysitting of animals. :-)

Again, best of luck changing his heart.
    Jackie

• Jessica
    January 27, 2012 @ 1:07 am

Okay, what is wrong with that man you married? Monaco is one seriously adorable kitty. He definitely needs his head examined.

Hm…have you guys discussed having children? If not, I might know of a way for you to get a furbaby. :)

January 27, 2012 @ 9:10 pm

Haha, yes we’ve discussed kids. They are somewhere in the future. But I need the furbaby as practice for a real baby!

January 29, 2012 @ 8:51 am

Whaat!? How can anyone NOT like pets? My boyfriend was a little hesitant about my dog when we first met, but that was mostly because he had never really been around dogs before. Now he loves the dog almost as much as I do – and I honestly don’t think it would’ve worked out any other way.

I hope you can get your husband to change his mind, you seem to want a cat so bad. But if he agrees to let you babysit other people pets it’s a step in the right direction, isn’t it? :) Maybe you could find more cats to babysit and gradually get him used to having pets in the house?