I like to make resoutions at the beginning of each year. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don’t, but at least I try. Here is the list of goals from 2012, so let’s see how I did:
- Get back to my goal weight with Weight Watchers – Yeah, that. I fooled around a lot this year. I didn’t go to the gym very often and ate unhealthy food more than I should have.
- Make a meal plan at the beginning of each week – I might have done this for the first few weeks of the year. Then I picked it up again in July and did it every week until December. I love making my meal plans and knowing what we’ll have for dinner ahead of time is great!
- Keep the house clean – this goal was maybe 50% achieved. I was more aware if I was making a mess, but sometimes things would pile up, especially on the kitchen table.
- Blog more – this was the only goal I achieved 100%!! In 2011, I blogged 64 times, but in 2012, I blogged 120 times!! Meal plan posts and NaBloPozmo really helped to get my post count up!
- Make at least one new recipe a week – after a few new recipes that we didn’t like, I kind of stopped trying new ones every week. I did have my fair shre of new things to try, only throwing them into the mix when I felt like it!
I usually don’t have any trouble coming up with ideas for resolutions, but this year I am finding it hard. Ah well, here are the goals I’ve come up with for 2013:
- Get back to my goal weight with weight watchers – It really is time to buckle down and do this thing. The only “problem” is that my body has decided it likes the weight it’s at (which is only 10lbs above my goal). However, it is trying really hard not to budge. So even if I do make it back to goal, my body may not let me stay there. We shall see this year, I suppose!
- Exercise at least 3 times a week – As I stated last week, I think my body hates me right now. I really need to start exercising again so that I don’t feel like crap anymore.
- Continue making weekly meal plans – This has been proven successful and very helpful for groceries and staying on track. I will continue to do this every week, except while we are on vacation.
- Pay off our debt to my parents – We borrowed some money from both our parents for the down payment on our house in 2008. While we have finished paying off Peter’s parents already and I hope to have my parents paid off by June of this year.
- Floss every day – This challenge always seems hard to complete. I do very well for a month or until my next dentist appointment and then I fail. Let’s hope 2013 will be a better year for it.
Well, my goals seem pretty reasonable to me. So I will work hard and try to make 2013 the best that it can be.
2 Responses to “Goals for 2013”