Jun 19

Thu '14

Baby update: It’s a….

….stubborn little baby with crossed legs. Seriously! I can’t believe that I am the 1 in 10 women whose baby decides to be difficult during the anatomy ultrasound. I guess our little dumping made our mind up for us. We had been unsure if we really wanted to know the sex before the baby was born, but I suppose we have our answer. We have no choice now as I probably won’t be having any more ultrasounds.

Crossed Legs

The ultrasound technician tried everything from her bag of tricks to get the baby to change positions. After she measured what she needed, she let me empty my bladder to try to give the baby a bit more room to move around. Nothing. Then she had me walk around the room and poke my belly for a bit. Nothing. Then she had me lay on my left side, then my right side. Nothing! She had me cough. Nothing. She used her instrument to jiggle my belly to try to get the baby moving. STILL NOTHING!! She probably spent way more time with us than she was supposed to and then finally, we had to concede defeat.

I just have to say that I really hope this stubborn behaviour doesn’t have any indication on what we should expect when baby is born. I know I can be stubborn sometimes, but the last thing we want is a mini-me. LOL. No, I’m only joking, but it’s just an all around funny situation. Typical for my kind of luck.

Really though, in all seriousness, we are so happy. The baby is doing very well. Growing at a normal rate with a nice healthy heartbeat of 141 beats per minute. That is really all that counts. We want a beautiful healthy baby and it really doesn’t matter if it’s a boy or a girl.

Filed under: Pregnancy
Tags: , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Baby update: It’s a….”

• Kirsten
    June 19, 2014 @ 7:06 pm

Haha that’s great! I bet that little bundle of joy is gonna keep you guessing right to the end 😉

There are always ‘old wives tales’ about guessing the sex, you know, dangle a necklace over your stomach if it goes in a circle it is a girl if it goes back and forth its a boy.

Here are some more to keep you occupied lol and maybe drive you slightly insane with wonderment:

June 20, 2014 @ 3:52 am

Your baby sure made that decision easy for you! 😀

Have you, or do you think you will decide on a name before the baby is born? Do you have any name traditions in your families?

June 20, 2014 @ 5:06 pm

Peter and I are still trying to agree on names. We aren’t having much luck LOL. Hopefully we will have 1 girl and 1 boy name picked out for the baby’s birth.

• Terri
    June 20, 2014 @ 4:05 am

Well, congratulations! I didn’t even know – just goes to show how on top of things I am!

Have you heard of the Shettles Method? If you have an idea of about when (date and how close to ovulation) you conceived, you might just have a better idea of what to expect! We did Shettles for our girl the first time around, and the second time around we got a boy and it turned out by the Shettles method that we conceived at the best time for a boy by accident.

Either way though, you have a 50/50 chance of a boy or a girl 😉

June 20, 2014 @ 7:28 am

oh no! lol. Well, it’s a lovely, clear picture of its ankles anyway 😉 I still think it’s a boy 😛 Glad it’s healthy either way 🙂

• Emily
    June 21, 2014 @ 6:06 pm

Oh my gosh Congratulations, how exciting and what a blessing it is!!

I’ve never heard of a baby having their legs crossed how cute!!!

I don’t have kids *sigh*, and already passed my time to have them, just wasn’t meant to be.

But I can only imagine how exciting this time in your life is, I wish you, your family and your new little angel to be, so many good things in life.

What a wonderful gift. It’s good to see you have a good sense of humor too.

I do wish you the best!

• Olga
    June 22, 2014 @ 1:18 pm

Holy moly, Carolynne, congratulations!

It’s been so long since I last stopped by your blog (I’m sorry!). Today I was rereading an old post of mine that you had commented on and wanted to see if you’re still around. So glad to see that you are AND you’re having a wee one. 🙂 That’s super awesome. Congratulations once again!

June 23, 2014 @ 3:46 am

Haha, guess you’ll just have to wait. You’re off to a good start, the baby isn’t even born yet and already calling the shots. 😉

Glad to hear everything’s going well for you!

June 23, 2014 @ 4:58 pm

haha, wow, that baby really doesn’t want you to know the gender! I know people who didn’t learn the gender ahead of time, and they liked that they got gender neutral gifts 🙂 I’m happy to hear that the baby is healthy and doing well!

• Kim
    June 30, 2014 @ 3:51 pm

Haha, your baby really wants to keep it secret, huh? Glad you’re both well. 🙂

What names have you been thinking of?

• Jackie Hall —
    July 3, 2014 @ 8:56 am

Congratulations! Sorry the baby said no to finding out the sex. He/She is just modest. haha