Tue '15

Goals for 2015

I’m a little late to the game to get this post up, but better late than never. I wasn’t really motivated to write any goals this year. I failed last year’s goals almost completely. The only exceptions were that I ate more leftovers and attempted to get into Doctor Who (watched all of season 1 and half of season 2 and just didn’t like it). In my defence, 2014 was a completely different year than I have ever known before. Life was turned upside down.

However, I decided it was worthwhile to have some things to work toward. So here are some goals I hope to achieve before 2015 is over.

• Get back to the gym – My gym membership expired in September and I have been looking for a new one to join. Peter and I are hoping to go to a place that has a family membership plan and an option for childcare.
  • Limit diet pop to one a day (or less) – I have a problem and can easily drink 1-3 diet pops a day. Not a great habit to be in. Reading Amanda’s post really made me want to change this!
  • Eat out a maximum of twice a week – This includes all meals of the day. Being on maternity leave gives me ample opportunity to go out for lunch anywhere I want. However, it also gives me an excuse not to because I am not making as much money as when I was working. I will try to limit myself to one lunch out and one supper out with Peter.

That is all I can think of for now. I may decide to add some more goals at a later date!

Filed under: Personal
Tags: , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Goals for 2015”

January 7, 2015 @ 3:46 am

A friend of mine sets his goals for the year on the last day of that year, so he never fails. I thought that was such a cool and positive way of thinking! Celebrating everything you’ve achieved instead. I might have to steal it. Actually, I’m going to steal the idea for you, because you’ve had such a great year 😀

Carolynne’s goals for 2014 and how she did:
    – Get pregnant (SUCCESS!)
    – Buy a new house (YEP!)
    – Travel to New York (OH YEAH!)
    – Have the most beautiful baby in the world (MASSIVE SUCCESS!)

Etc. 😉

January 7, 2015 @ 6:44 pm

Wow, so much love because of this comment! Thanks!!

• Joy
    January 7, 2015 @ 2:08 pm

I hope you get to accomplish some of what you want this year! =) I’m sure it will be loads of fun with a little one to add to the madness of life.

Josh and I have to work on not eating out as much. I really hadn’t realized it until I looked at our bank account and saw all of the purchases. It’s been so much more now that I have been working.

January 7, 2015 @ 7:18 pm

It’s just so easy to go out! Plus, no dishes afterward! It’s even harder now trying to cook with the baby around.

• Grace
    January 8, 2015 @ 1:06 am

You can do it!! These goals are awesome. I have the same problem with pop but mine is with regular pop. I can’t stand diet and I get headaches from the aspartame 🙁 I cut down before Christmas and then over the holidays I was back to drinking way too much, time to cut back again!

Eating out is such a huge expense. I totally feel for you there! I need to cut back on that too, it’s hard when I work close to a subway, pizza place & a cafe right under my workplace. So easy to just pop over to one of them for lunch and not worry about packing something.

January 8, 2015 @ 3:24 pm

Those are good goals! I actually want to work on similar things, like I want to get back into running, and I’m trying to limit soda to a couple times a week or less. I know some people cut their soda habit by switching to carbonated water, but I’ve never liked the taste. I’m currently trying fruit infused water instead by mixing in fresh fruits with my water, and it’s not bad so far!

I’d like to eat out less too. Not only would it save money, but it’s usually healthier to eat at home. Good luck on your goals!