Mar 18

Wed '15

Life can be scary

I have a bigger blog post that I’ve been working on, but I just wanted to pop in today to post a couple things.

I was talking to my friend today and it turns out that her Papa’s last sibling passed away yesterday. Her Papa passed away about 10 years ago and his sister was the last remaining link my friend had to her Papa. So needless to say, she was a little upset today. It made me think about my Grandma and how she is my last Grandparent. She’s in her late eighties and I know she’s not going to be around forever. I love her so much and we see each other about once a week.

Anyway, as I was talking with my friend and thinking about my Grandma, my Mom called and said that Grandma was in ER at the Hospital. It was so scary that this news came at that exact moment.

It turns out she dropped a TV table on her leg and it was enormously swollen and bruised. The bruise is about 9 inches long and swollen 3 inches high. Thank goodness that she is already back home now. My Mom is going to stay the night with her and make sure she gets everything she needs.

I’m so greatful that nothing worse happened to her. It’s just so scary that things like that can happen and change everything in a second. I hope her recovery goes well!

On a lighter note, I have a new favourite picture. It was St. Patrick’s Day yesterday so Ezri and I wore green with our matching Mike Wazowski outfits! LOVE IT!!!

Little Monster & Mamma Monster

Filed under: Personal
Tags: , , , ,

6 Responses to “Life can be scary”

March 19, 2015 @ 6:03 am

So sorry you’re Grandma was in the hospital, but I’m glad to hear it wasn’t anything too serious. I lost my grandma (we called her Nan) in January of 2011. I was so close to her and still to this day will catch myself thinking “I need to show this to Nan” before I remember I can’t.

March 19, 2015 @ 6:05 am

Forgot to include in my previous comment that you and Ezri look adorable! She is such a cutie pie!

March 20, 2015 @ 4:09 am

Oh no, I hope your Grandma recovers quickly! You’re so lucky to still have her around and that she gets to know Ezri as well <3

Both my grandmothers are still alive, but they have never been interested in getting to know my sister or me. It's a shame, I really wish I had a close relationship with a grandmother. Take care of your Grandma and learn as much as you can from her 🙂

That picture of you and Ezri is SO ADORABLE! 😀

March 20, 2015 @ 10:45 pm

That’s scary timing! I’m glad your Grandma wasn’t seriously hurt, and that she’s back home now. That’s a huge bruise though! I hope her recovery goes well too!

I love the matching shirts. That’s adorable!

• Joy
    March 22, 2015 @ 5:46 pm

So sorry to hear about your friend’s loss. That must be so hard and I’m sorry that your grandma gave you such a scare. I’m glad she’s ok though and hope that she continues to get better.

Reading your post just made me realize that my grandma is my last remaining grandparent. I need to make more of an effort to visit her in NYC.

On another note, you guys look so cute in your matching outfits!

• Michelle
    March 26, 2015 @ 12:41 am

I had a few losses in my family: my uncle of 28, my papa at 60, and lastly my family friend due to suicide. Death is never easy, but at least they are at peace. They probably lived a long and happy life (hopefully).

Cute picture!