Tue '16

Goals for 2016

I’d just like to ask a simple question: where did 2015 go?! It was seriously one of the fastest and busiest years of my life. It was also the best year of my life! Ezri has completely change my life and I wouldn’t ask for anything different!! Life is definitely great. Anyway, Happy New Year to everyone! It’s only the 5th of January and I feel like the year is almost over! Ha. No, not really, just a busy, busy life. I’m not even working very much for this month because my babysitter (my Mom) is away in Arizona for the month. I am picking up a few shifts on the weekend when Peter is home, but that’s about it. I’m not complaining, I like being at home with Ezri anyway.

As for last year’s goals, I pretty much failed. Yes, I joined a new gym, but I stopped going after a couple months. Sad because it’s such a nice facility. I am still a member so I can still get going again. I tried to drink less diet pop and it worked for a bit but I found myself drinking more than one quite often. Eating out habits changed a bit. We very rarely go to dine in restaurants and seem to have become those people who order delivery! I never thought that would happen. However, I do cook quite a bit and I like to make sure I know what goes into the food that I am feeding Ezri!

So, for 2016, here are some goals I am hoping to achieve this year!

1. Spend more time cross stitching. I have let it fall by the wayside and it makes me sad. I think about picking it up to do it but then I find something else to do. When I do bring it out, I only do about 20 stitches and then I stop or get distracted. It’s sad because it used to be my absolute favourite thing to do!! Also, I’ve started knitting and I want to do more of that as well. I want to dedicate another post towards the whole knitting thing so more on that later.

2. Keep the house a little more organized. I tend to drop everything on the kitchen table and leave it there for days. I want to get things put away right away and have less clutter! I try to put Ezri’s toys away at the end of each day so it’s nice and neat for the morning. I will try to keep that up! Soon I hope Ezri will learn to do it herself LOL.

3. Try to be healthier. I sat on the couch A LOT in 2015 and it needs to change this year. Yes, I was sitting because I had a baby attached to my boob for most of the year, but that’s not an excuse anymore! It’s time to start getting healthy again so I can set a good example for my daughter!

4. Drink less pop, more tea. I have a plethora of different teas in my cupboards but I never seem to drink them. So I want to try to get into my stash and enjoy what I have at my disposal. Plus, tea with milk is just devine!!

I still want to write my usual year in review post, but I just haven’t had the time. I will definitely start working on it and hopefully have it up by the weekend! Haha, maybe. Just wanted to pop in and say hello and set out a couple goals for the year!

Filed under: Personal
Tags: , , , , ,

8 Responses to “Goals for 2016”

January 9, 2016 @ 5:58 pm

I used to have the same problem of leaving things laying around the kitchen. A couple years ago, I started forcing myself to clean it after every use! It feels really good to have it clean all the time 🙂 I’m trying to apply the habit to other things too.

Tea has helped me kick my soda habit! I still drink soda but not as often. Tea is especially nice in this cold weather 🙂 I feel like I have “be healthier” as a goal every year, haha. My healthy habits are always on and off.

I hope you get back into cross stitching too! Good luck on all your goals!

• Tess
    January 14, 2016 @ 9:41 pm

I hear you on how fast the year is going!! TBH the first year of mommy hood becomes a blur. You wonder how you survived some times but not regretting it at all.
    I think it’s good to set goals, it’s good to plan to succeed but also good to plan to fail… I hope you’ll hit or get close to what you want to achieve this year! 😀

• Regan
    January 20, 2016 @ 6:27 am

You can totally combine goals 1 and 4 – a nice mug of tea while cross-stitching is pretty heavenly. I’m more a knitter, but it’s the same concept for me too!

• Kim
      February 5, 2016 @ 6:04 pm

Actually a great idea. I tend to do more needle point / tapestry myself with yummy fruit tea in hand.

• Jenn
    January 23, 2016 @ 8:33 pm

I’m with you. 2015 was batshit crazy and very stressful for me, and so far 2016 is shaping up to be the same way.

Goal-wise, I want to be more disciplined in terms of my working schedule (I work from home, so it’s all too easy to deviate!), but I also want more time for myself. And, I need to focus on health a bit more as well – more protein, less carbs!

• Jackie
    January 26, 2016 @ 4:35 pm

I am so glad I stopped and read you blog. It has been ages since I have had time to read blogs. Congratulations on the baby. I love her name. I will for sure have to go back and try to catch up on all that I have missed.

I have picked up crocheting again. I made my first afghan when I was 16 for my then boyfriend now husband. It looked like an hour glass. We still have it but it is never used. I had no idea about counting the stitches or the tension and all of that. I started making a simple afghan where you make squares and stitch them together. It was going to be a twin sized afghan. Well my son came in and now its going to be a king size custome made one. I have been working on this monster for a year off and on. I was in such shock with the change I had no idea where to start. Blake and I finally sat down and charted it out. I will have to post it to my blog if I ever finish. I haven’t written there in ages. I am so far behind.

Well best wishes. I can’t wait to catch up on your blog posts.

Jackie

• Joy
    February 2, 2016 @ 8:06 am

Oh gosh am i with you on keeping the house tidy! D=

It’s my kitchen in particular that suffers because I’ve gotten so used to my husband doing the dishes but with school and work, he doesn’t have the time anymore. I’ve been really good with it this year so far and I hope I can keep it up.

I wish you all the lucky on your goals! =)

• Kim
    February 5, 2016 @ 6:09 pm

This year is going fast, last year was a bit of a blur. Need to get healthier myself and have had a good start to the year so far, wanting to get back to ‘gold’ within the first half of this year / before Summer.

I too need to drunk less fizzy pop and more tea or water!

I have a habit of leaving washing up in the sink and Ryan often leaves things “to soak” :-/ I’ve gotten better lately and do all washing up before going to bed rather than leaving it to the morning after. Sometimes I wish for a dishwasher haha.

Good luck with your goals this year! 🙂