When I was given this recipe, I was so surprised that it was so simple. Cream Puffs usually sound so complicated, but this recipe is so easy.
This recipe makes 10 large cream puffs.
Ingredients: Cream Puffs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 litre heavy/whipping cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Add butter to a pot on the stove over medium heat. Pour boiling water over the butter. Bring butter and water to a boil.
- Remove pot from heat. Stir in flour. Stir very well until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring very well in between each egg.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir well.
- Spoon batter onto cookie sheet making 10 individual piles. They won’t look pretty, but they will round out as they’re baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 350F and bake the cream puffs for 25 minutes more.
- Remove from the cream puffs from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whip the heavy cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Slice each cream puff in half, leaving attached on one side.
- Fill each cream puff with whipping cream.
- Sprinkle each cream puff with icing sugar, if desired.
Did you make this recipe? What did you think?