This is a recipe for a nice healthy Asian supper. Any other lettuce can be substituted for the romaine.
This recipe makes 2 servings of 3 lettuce wraps each.
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce, divided
- 1 chicken breast, chopped
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, any colour, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews (or any other nut), chopped
- 1 cup thin noodles, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until white all the way through, about 5 minutes.
- Add teriyaki sauce and toss to coat. Add the water chestnuts, bell peppers, celery and cashews. Cook for 5 minutes until veggies are soft and tender.
- Add the noodles, garlic and ginger. Cook 3 minutes.
- Lay 3 lettuce leaves on each plate. Scoop some of the chicken mixture into each leaf, dividing evenly.
- Fold each leaf up, dig in and enjoy.
Did you make this recipe? What did you think?