New York Cheesecake
This recipe has been adapted from here and it is the best recipe for Cheesecake that I have ever come across. It has never steered me wrong and is always delicious.
- 20 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Please take out all cold ingredients a couple hours beforehand and make sure they are at room temperature before starting to make this cheesecake!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch springform pan and cover the outside of the pan with tin foil.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Blend in milk and then mix in the eggs, one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate.
- Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Boil 5 cups of water and pour into a large baking tray on the middle rack of the oven. This is called a water bath and it will help cook the cheesecake in a gentler manner.
- Put the springform pan directly into the water bath (as long as the water does not go over the sides of the springform pan). This is not necessary however. You can have the water bath on the bottom rack of the oven and the springform pan on the rack directly above it.
- Bake the cheesecake in preheated oven for 1 hour. After an hour, turn the oven off and forget the cake. Do not take it out of the oven. At this point the cheesecake will still be jiggly in the middle. That is okay. Let cake cool in the oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this will help prevent cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
Did you make this recipe? What did you think?