This recipe is adapted from Skinny Taste. It is a delicious risotto replacing the traditional rice with the high protein grain, quinoa.
This recipe makes 2 large servings.
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried cilantro
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Bring 2 cups chicken broth to a boil. Add the quinoa. Continue cooking over medium heat until all the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining chicken broth, tomato sauce and spices in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When the quinoa is cooked, add it to the tomato sauce mixture. Stir until combined.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the quinoa and stir to incorporate.
- Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe? What did you think?