This toffee recipe is a family favourite at Christmas time. Even if you want to, try not to substitute any other “healthier” ingredients, because it will not turn out as tasty.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar (can use 4 cups white)
- 2 cups corn syrup
- 1 can eagle brand condensed milk
- 1 lb butter
- Mix all ingredients in a heavy pot over medium heat.
- Boil until mixture reaches soft ball stage (about 225 degrees on a candy thermometer or test in ice cold water). Usually takes about 30 minutes.
- Pour into greased 11X14 pan to cool.
- When completely cooled, cut into pieces with scissors and wrap individually in wax paper.
Did you make this recipe? What did you think?