Turkey Enchilada Casserole
Big turkey dinner? Have a lot of leftovers? Well, this is a perfect fix for that leftover turkey!!
This recipe makes 4 servings.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 4oz-can green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup mexican-style cheese, grated
- 6 6-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and green peppers and cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- Put the onion mixture into a bowl. Add the turkey and green chili peppers. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, add the chicken broth. Whisk in flour, coriander, onion powder, garlic powder and seasoning salt. Cook until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and half the cheese.
- Stir 1/3 cup of the sauce mixture into the turkey mixture.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/3 cup of the turkey mixture until it is spread evenly among the 6 tortillas. Roll them up.
- Arrange the rolled tortillas in the baking dish. Cover with the remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Did you make this recipe? What did you think?