Here I am again to make some new resolutions for the upcoming year, as I do every year. I have to admit that 4/5 goals were failures. I don’t know what went wrong. I am usually very good at keeping commitments like these, but I just wasn’t feeling it this year. Anyway, here are my goals from 2013 and a little comment on how I did:
- Get back to my goal weight with weight watchers – FAIL. Not even close. I’ve gained a lot of weight this year. In fact, I think it is half of what I initially lost in 2010. I don’t know why I went wrong. I just gave up everything and ate whatever I wanted. IT WAS BAD.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week – FAIL. As well as my horrible eating habits, I went to the gym maybe once every 2 weeks. Although, during the summer I rode my bike to work a lot, but it wasn’t enough to make a difference I suppose. Running was sparse as well.
- Continue making weekly meal plans – FAIL. First month or two was great, then I gave up.
- Pay off our debt to my parents – SUCCESS!! I am happy to say that Peter and I have officially paid off our debt and are now saving to build a garage.
- Floss every day – FAIL, again. I think I flossed more this year than I normally have previously, but I still got into “trouble” at the dentist for my bleedy gums.
Here are my goals for 2014. Of course there might be a repeat or two from previous years, but I’m hoping this year I will succeed at them.
- Eat out only once a week – Peter and I have gotten into the bad habit of eating out at least 5 times a week. It is part laziness and part cravings that I give into too often. It is probably one of the reasons I gained a lot of weight. Ugh. I can’t stop eating out altogether, but I think once a week is doable. It will be more like a treat instead of the norm.
- Hold my pen properly – Of course I was taught the “right” way to hold a pen, but I never really felt comfortable like that. I usually hold a pen like this and I am sure my Dad shakes his head every time he sees it. Ah well, I am going to slowly try to write the proper way. I don’t know if I can change after 26 years, but I will try.
- Get back to my goal weight – I’ve made this goal before and failed. I hope I can actually succeed this year.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week – Let’s give this goal another try. I want to get back into my old work out routine.
- Eat more leftovers – I have weird food habits and I NEVER eat leftovers. The thought of them kind of makes me cringe. However, it is something I need to get over and I hope to start this year.
- Watch Dr. Who – I want to give this show a try. It seems to be super popular and extremely loved. I really want to find out what all the fuss is about.
Many happy wishes to everyone for 2014! Health, success and happiness.
5 Responses to “Goals for 2014”