Chocolate Chip Whole Wheat Pancakes
It has taken months and months, but I have finally perfected my own recipe for Chocolate Chip Pancakes. They are made with healthy ingredients and so I like to think of them as almost guilt free!
This recipe makes 2 servings (4 pancakes each).
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp egg beaters or 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp chocolate sauce
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- Mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a small bowl. Fluff with a fork to aerate.
- In another bowl, mix milk, apple sauce, egg, vanilla and chocolate sauce. Whisk for 15 seconds until frothy.
- Pour milk mixture into the dry mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a non-stick pancake griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Divide batter into 8 pancakes and cook about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked all the way through.
- When serving, top with optional chocolate sauce and enjoy with sugar free syrup
Did you make this recipe? What did you think?