Wagon Wheel Salad
This is a cold pasta salad that my grandmother used to make.
This recipe makes 8 servings.
- 250g Catelli wagon wheels pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets (chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cucumber (chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup mayonnaise/miracle whip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp prepared/dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- Cook pasta according to directions, adding broccoli during the last 4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water to cool and drain again very well.
- In large bowl, combine wagon wheels/broccoli, celery, green onions, cucumber and parsley.
- In separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, mustard, paprika and salt. Mix well.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, add tomatoes and toss gently.
Did you make this recipe? What did you think?